Wednesday, November 11, 2009



So I had planned with my cousin Shamoni, who lives very near me in an even smaller town, that we will cook for my birthday. I as usual sent her a lot of links and we decided to make Boeuf Bourguignon. I wanted to make that because I had watched the movie Julie and Julia and thought it would be fun to make. So we decided to go with that and with that we would make a Gruyere Gougere. This is what we had planned! How often do plans work out? So, what we ended up doing was the beef, the gougeres, macaroni and cheese, sausage and broccoli with a pitcher of margaritas! We were very excited about this!

Shamoni was in charge of making the Margaritas! OK, this is what you need to do:

Mint Leaves (I wanted to use these and it made a huge difference to the taste, was great)
Thyme, i know this sounds weird but it goes with the whole drink
Tequila
Sugar
Lime Juice
Lemonade or Iced tea(also tastes great!)

The mint leaves should be muddled really well. I use a mortar and pestle to do that. If you don't have one just put the mint in a zip-lock and squish it to release the juices. Add the tequila, lime juice and sugar to a pitcher. Remember to keep tasting this. I just added the whole thyme leaves with the stems on it. I didn't want to separate the leaves. If you find lemon thyme that tastes better! Add the mint leaves after that and just keep it refrigerated. It tasted great!


The pitcher of Sangria

The rest of the recipes I will upload some time tomorrow. I have two presentations!
Need to wake up at 5am!!!! UUGH....

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment