Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Momo


So I made momos today. I decided to make it with ground turkey to make it a bit healthier, but you can make it with chicken or even lamb.

Ingredients

Ground Turkey
Onion, chopped
Ginger, paste
Garlic, paste
Chilies(optional)
Spring Onions/Scallions
Lemon Juice(optional, but it tastes good)
Ground Coriander
Ground Cumin
Chili powder, very little

Wonton Wrapper

Mix the ingredients together with the meat and keep refrigerated overnight.
Spread the wanton sheets out and take a teaspoon full of the mixture on the sheet. Rub water on the edges of the wanton sheets and then fold as desired.

Put a pot of water to boil. You will need a steamer for this. Place the wantons on the steamer and steam for about 8-10 mins.


2 comments:

  1. You made Turkey momos??! WOW :d

    I have this friend who visited Dharamsala, where she ate Chocolate Momos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate momos! Hmmm... I would love to try that actually!

    Yeah I made it wish turkey 'cuz I wanted to make it a bit healthier.

    ReplyDelete